09 abril 2008

la cHanson dE la jOurnée :: thaT old pAir of jEans

All you used to do was put me down
But I found a way to pick myself up off the ground
And all you used to do was criticise me
But now
I found the good and I emphasise it, see
You would always get so sensitive
And try to turn your transgressions into my guiltiness
But now I'm certain of the way I live
And what I'm responsible for in this twisted game
And it's such a shame
That you try to make pain
Another word for my name
Whether giving or receiving
It's one and the same
Just one more link
In your long-ass chain
But it's time to break
This frame and my strengthful will
Time to jump off this negative cycle we've built
Gave my heart
But my self-respect you won't steal
Now it's time to let ya go if you can't hear or feel me…

No hay comentarios.: